This is a bread recipe I go to over and over again. My family love this vegetable bread – it’s gluten free, dairy free, yeast free and nut free – but not flavour free!
I first got the inspiration for this recipe from Jessica Sepal but as I am anaphylactic to nuts and am following a gut healing protocol for SIBO I have adapted the recipe – and it is so delicious.
This is an easy recipe and can be frozen and toasted when needed. You can also make these in a muffin tin and freeze for a quick and easy snack – just reduce baking time to around 25 minutes.
- 2 ½ cups of ground Pumpkin Seeds and Sunflower Seeds mixed.
- 1 Carrot Grated
- 1 Zucchini Grated
- 1 cup of any other vegetables you may have grated – for example I will throw in pumpkin, sweet potato, broccoli, left over vegetables from the night before!
- Fresh herbs – basil, thyme, rosemary
- Spices of your choice – Paprika, cumin, mixed Italian Herbs
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, oil, fresh herbs and vegetables
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Pour into a greased loaf tin and bake for approximately 50 minutes
- Cooked when firm in the middle.
Enjoy with smashed avocado, rocket and fresh tomato – so good!